Saturday 23 August 2008

Strange Photograph Of Diana


There are probably millions and millions of photographs of Diana, Princess of Wales in storage, yet, when new books are published they use the same old tired photographs of her. Even nearly 11 years after her death, we have only seen very few new pictures come to light. However, I stumbled on this one. I'm positive that it was taken before she was even engaged as I don't recall Diana's pageboy hairstyle being this short before. Nor, do I recall her make-up being applied quite so heavily.

I fine this photograph strange and everyone I've shown it too has disliked it. Do you like it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's definitely unusual and doesn't quite "fit in" with other photos of her, but she still looks beautiful in it. I like it.

Unknown said...

A few years after her marriage Diana grew her hair. This looks like her at that time. I guess she has her hair tied behind. It was also at this time (about 1984) that she was experimenting with highlights. She was criticised in the press for this new look. And it didn't last...

Unknown said...

This picture is from sometime after she was married. I've actually seen it displayed here in the States many times over the last ten years.

The style of dress and grooming in this photo is very much the 'romance' period of the early 80's, where puff sleeves and bold eye shadows were used in a lot of leading ladies.

I think she is Beautiful here. I like how dramatic and different the picture is. In some ways, the final Vogue shoot is reminiscent of the look here.