Sunday 26 August 2007

Camilla Pulls Out Of Diana Rememberance Service

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall has pulled out of attending Friday's memorial service to mark the tenth anniversary of Diana, Princess of Wales death.

I, by no means, do not hate Camilla as some do but I always felt her presence was rather unwarranted. It's not like Charles met and married Camilla AFTER her divorced Diana, if that were the case her attendance would be accepted as his wife. However, with the troubled history between Charles, Diana and Camilla I always found it rather odd that she was due to attend.

I think Camilla has done the right thing. Her attandance would of only took the attention off the purpose of the day, which was remembering the late Princess, her life and her works.

I respect Camilla for this. She did the right thing.

No comments: